Friday, July 13, 2007

First Appointment with the Nurse Practitioner!

Yesterday was the big day. Andrew and I had our first appointment with the Nurse Practitioner, and it was the LONG appointment. We of course had seen the Family Practice NP back in June and she had given me a little information about pregnancy and had ordered the blood test, but then she sent me on to the OB/GYN NP for the rest of the pregnancy. So, yesterday we met one of the NPs, Jackie. She was so nice and so helpful. She comes strolling into the room right away with this whole big bag of information that I got to take home. I will not have to worry about any reading material for the rest of the summer!! She started by taking family history and then went on to find my "official" due date... January 20, 2008!! This actually makes me 12 weeks along already and starting my second trimester!
Jackie got the doppler listening device out and we heard a strong heart beat. We had to ask if she heard more than one heart beat, and she said that she normally doesn't listen for more than one. She moved the doppler around and said that she only hears one, but the ultrasound in week 20-21 will tell us how many there are for sure.
So now the plan is that I will go back every four weeks until 20 weeks, then I go in every two weeks until 32 weeks, and then it's every week until the baby comes and they will let me go until 41 weeks before intervening. That's a LOT of appointments!
So, for now things are well with me and baby. We will keep you all posted as things develop! (Literally!!) :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, again! I am glad to hear that everything is going well and that your NP is nice. The baby development chart is pretty cool.

Anonymous said...

Wow can you get any luckier than to have someone named "Jackie" helping you with the baby! It must be a sign from God.
Love, Mom "Jackie"

KristiYaYa said...

Hey GF... Not enought hours in the day, are there?!?!?!?
I know my poor blog doesn't get enought of my time either!
Hugs to you two!
K