Monday, May 24, 2010

Menominee Park

We're all doing well here. Every day seems very busy but then when I think back on the days and weeks that have passed I don't really know what we've done! We've been doing things around the house, cleaning the carpeting and such and also spending time with friends and family. Besides that we've also been busy with Andrew's softball games on Tuesday nights and our financial class at church on Thursdays. I'm also going to the doctor weekly now so that happens on Friday afternoons. I guess those three things keep us pretty busy, running from one place to another.

The weekend of the 14th my dad and Marie came up for the weekend. They got here on Friday around lunch time and stayed until after church on Sunday. Saturday morning we took a walk and ended up playing at two different parks. Mads loved it! She especially liked running the digger with Grandpa.

Andrew had to work, but only until 12:30. Once he was home and Mads was up from her nap we went down to Menominee Park to walk around the free zoo. After seeing the animals we went over to the Merry Go Round and little train. Mads had fun riding the rides with Grandma and Grandpa!





On Sunday after church and after Grandma Marie and Grandpa Jeff left we headed up to Nick's 5th birthday party. Mads had a blast playing outside in the nice weather. She even got to take a short ride on the 4 wheeler with Dad!

After the party wrapped up Aunt Jill was nice enough to take Mads down to the barn to see the new piggies. Mads now knows that Aunt Jill, Uncle Eric, Claire and Nick live on the farm and they have cows. She heard about the piggies a few weeks ago and has been dying to go see them!


This last weekend we went down to Milwaukee on Saturday to help one of Andrew's friends do some moving. We then spent the afternoon hanging out on the lawn in the nice weather. Mads had a blast playing in Corrie's tent and hugging their dog. Yesterday Andrew did lawn work while I cleaned some carpets and did laundry. Sometimes you just to have those non-exciting days to get things done!

I have one other picture to share. This was taken one morning before breakfast. Mads got some dress up clothes from her friend Abby and the "butterfly wings" were in with the princess clothes. Mads put on her wings and grabbed her magic wand/duster. I thought it was quite an interesting look with her penguin footie jammies.


That's all for now! I will leave you with another Madeline musing. Thanks for stopping by!

This morning I noticed that Maddie's shirt looked kind of short on her torso. I looked at her and said "Is your shirt too short?" She looked back at me and said "I not short!" Andrew heard this and asked me if Maddie was just offended by what I said. Before I had time to reply to him she said to both of us "I SMALL!" Where does she get some of this stuff?!

No comments: