We got to our hotel around noon, and were able to check in early.
Our hotel, The Westin, Michigan Avenue:
It was so nice that we were able to stash our bags in the room and unpack everything before heading out. Here's Maddie checking out the view...
Looking to our left (East)
To our right (West, Michigan Ave)
Up! (John Hancock Building)
We bundled up with snowpants, scarves, mittens and hats as it was very chilly and quite windy. (Well... it is the "Windy City!") We walked up Michigan Ave and tried to do some window shopping, but we quickly found that things were not as we left them! Andrew's favorite music store is gone and a new trendy teeny-bopper clothing store is in its place, and Garrett's popcorn was nowhere to be found. There was an entire building missing, and we're guessing that Garrett's used to be in that. We also went into the Nike store looking for Maddie's first pair of Nike's and they no longer carry infant shoes! What a bummer!
Maddie in her new snowpants:
Bundled up:
We did continue on and stop at the Grand Luxe Cafe where we met Juli and Tracey for lunch. It was very yummy. Maddie had some Mac & Cheese that I think might rival my all time favorite Mac & Cheese at Rock Bottom Brewery for the top spot! I also had a very tasty chicken pasta dish that I might need to have again the next time we're in Chicago!
Juli, Tracey, Mads and I:
Take Two:
After lunch Andrew, Mads and I walked a bit further up Michigan Ave so that we could see the new Trump Tower. They started construction on the tower before we left Chicago in May of 2007, and they just completed the exterior. It's a very neat looking building.
After taking in the Trump Tower we headed back to the hotel since it had gotten dark and even chillier. We ended up getting into our pajamas and hanging out in the big king bed. Andrew even went back out into the cold and got us some Ghirardelli ice cream sundaes to share in the "big bed."
Tiny tush in the big bed:
Playing Peek:
Eating ice cream in the big bed:
Ice Cream from...
On Sunday we got up and got ready to head back out into the cold so that we could go up to the top of the John Hancock Building. But, before we could go Maddie wanted to order room service...
We bundled back up and walked across the street and headed up to the 94th floor for some good views of the city.
East:
North:
Our hotel from above:
West:
South:
Mads taking a look:
Washing Windows:
The family:
After taking in the sights from the John, we headed south down Michigan Ave to drive past the Illinois College of Optometry on our way to the best burritos EVER. We got to Pancho Pistolas around 11:30 and had a delightful meal! MMMMMMMMM!
Mads perusing the menu:
Having some bites of chicken from the burrito:
And I post these to taunt all of our ICO friends! :)
After Panchos we headed back to Monroe to pick up Lily and from there back to Oshkosh. It was a lot of driving in one weekend, but so much fun to go back to the city and see some friends!
That's the recap of our weekend in Chicago. Here are more pictures from the rest of our week!
Taking her Amoxicillin like a champ!
Superstar!!
Helping Daddy build the new cabinet:
So tired that she fell asleep shopping!
Petting Aunt Kimmy's kitty:
And to get you in the holiday spirit... Merry Christmas from the Josephs Family (and Betty White!!) **Make sure to pause the music on the right side for full Christmas pleasure!**
Send your own ElfYourself eCards
5 comments:
Maddie is adorable looking out the windows of the hotel and the John building!! Too cute! The Elf video is hilarious.. Abby loves watching it.. we have watched 3 times already! Thanks for sharing!
Love Terri
I miss Pancho's!
Wow, I can't believe how big Maddie is getting, almost a year already! I read each of your updates (yay RSS feed!), but just haven't had much time to pop over and say hi. So I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas! :-)
What fun!
Thanks for reading and posting to my blog. Wow, we sound so much a like. I too am such a neat freak. It seems after I had Kaylee any little bit of time I had to keep things clean is now gone plus now I have 2 kids messing things up instead of one. You're right it doesn't matter but it's driving me crazy!!!! At least I know I'm not alone!
Thanks for the dishwasher latch recommendation. Unfortunately, I can't get to the side of our dishwasher. I just bought some duct tape, maybe I can tape it closed! Hope your leg is much better. I can't imagine.
Yep, I have to agree with Heather, our little Pinkie Peanut is getting so grown up! I love it every time a new batch of photos of her pops up in my inbox! Hoping this finds you all well and happy and have a great Christmas!!! Hugz!
Post a Comment