Andrew and I hit the midwives' office this morning for our 35 week appointment. We weren't supposed to be going to weekly appointments until next week, but had to go in today to see if Peanut had decided to turn themselves around from their breech position. I did the exercises that I was supposed to last week, which consisted of me lying on the floor with my butt propped up on couch cushions and my feet on the couch. Doesn't sound too bad, but trying to actually get in that position and keep my butt from falling off the pillows was quite a feat. Anyway, I could tell that Peanut had made some progress in trying to flip to the proper position over the course of the week. At the last appointment Peanut's head was smack dab in the center of my stomach, hitting my ribs. When we left for the appointment this morning there was no head near my ribs, it seemed to have moved to my right side. I thought maybe Peanut was laying horizontally. The midwife felt around and pulled out the ultrasound. It turns out what I thought was the head on my right side is now Peanut's butt! That's right, Peanut is now in vertex position and getting ready for the ride out in 5 weeks!
I am so proud of our baby and s/he's not even here yet. Peanut and I had had some talks and of course Daddy did too. I don't know if Peanut was just taking their time in turning, or if all of my butt-up time did the trick. All I know is that I am so so happy that we're able to plan as we were before for Peanut's debut. One of my biggest concerns about having the baby breech was if it stayed breech would they schedule a C-Section or let me go into labor myself knowing that I would have the section then. Andrew asked that question this morning (after we found out Peanut had turned) and the Midwife said that they would have scheduled the section for within a week of our due date and not let me go into labor naturally. I can't get over the idea of having to choose my baby's birthday, it's just not the way it's supposed to be! Let's just hope the next five weeks (that's it!) go well and Peanut stays with their head down!
In other news, on Saturday we went to purchase some big ticket items that we needed for the baby. Well, I guess the only thing we NEEDED was the car seat. We ordered our dresser to match our crib, a glider rocker, crib mattress, and a stroller/car seat travel system. They'll let us take the baby home from the hospital now! :) We also purchased a video camera, which is our Christmas present from Andrew's mom. I'm pretty sure our credit card company was doing a dance when they saw our totals come it! I'm very excited, though. We have a bassinet at home and the car seat, the two key items so we're ready for Peanut whenever Peanut is ready for us!
That's all for now. I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas and we will talk to you afterwards!
1 comment:
Hopefully Peanut with stay in the right position. I am glad to hear that things are going well.
Post a Comment